Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blog6

What is exercise? Exercise to me is doing cardio and weight training within your target heart rate. A simple definition but not a simple thing to do. I joined a gym in February 2011 and have been there 3 times since I joined. I know that is just sad.  When my first challenge is that I work 16 hours every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then on top of that I have to be at work at 4am in the morning. The days that I am off I try to spend that time doing chores, homework, spending time with my kids, and sleeping. The closes real gym is in the next town which is only about 15 minutes away. The problems that I have with healthy diet choices is that the food that are good food you cost more. Even though everything in the grocery store is expensive now, but healthy food cost even more. The fast food restaurants now have all the special on meals and it is so convience for me. I know I show do better but eat right is just not something that happens over night. The process must gradually to not set yourself up for failure. I think exercise should be added into the process gradually also to not overwhelm a person that is just starting to get their weight under control.  I have made a commitment to myself that in August 2011 I will start weight watcher. I have did weight watcher and it is an awesome program it works if you stick with it, and the reason why I stop is because when I was nursing school was just eating everything to stay awake and study. I will also try to go to the gym at least once a week in the month of August just to start slow and increase gradually. I hope within five years I think with my goal and lose the weight that I want and have kept it off. I also want to feel good and be able to walk in one of the Susan G.Korman breast cancer walk. I just have to motivate myself to go forward and be successful.

2 comments:

  1. I try to exsersis bit at times I get to discourage, I have been esersisng for a year I have not lost weight or any inches maybe it os something that I am doimg wrong or something,so I did stop but I really want to get back in the gym to get healthy and stay fot for a better me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments (1)Options
    you - I fully understand where your friend is coming from, those hot flashes will make one run to the doctor quick, though there is not medication to cure the hot flashes, but you do have medication to control them. I asked my doctor a million and one questions as your friend did, because I was told the same thing, your sex drive will decrease, that’s not true, growing the hair all over, that isn’t true. I know it was a great decision for me, when I decided to take the HRT, I am not taking the pills because none of them agreed with my body, yet the shot do me just great!Edit | Delete Jul 9, 2011

    ReplyDelete